The trouble with sticking to a Keto diet usually comes down to one thing, temptation. It is really tough to resist the delicious whiff of flavors and smells when you are walking down the street past your favorite fast food joints and restaurants. This is when the temptation really starts to kick in and we start convincing ourselves that “just one cheat day won’t hurt”. The truth is, that one slider or soda could cause your ketone production to come to a grinding halt, all your efforts and hard work for the week, down the drain. While breaking your state of ketosis may not be the end of the world, it still leaves you with a guilty feeling.
The trick to beating these temptations is to make your own delicious treats that will not only keep your body in ketosis but also satisfy your cravings. We have been cooking up a storm in our test kitchen to create fresh new ideas on our favorite traditional “fast food” treats to help keep you fueled and happy.
So without further adieu, here are some of the tastiest, cheesiest keto fries recipes that you and the whole family will enjoy.
Mouth Watering Avocado Keto Fries With A Kick
If you thought avocados could only be enjoyed at room temperature, think again! These keto fries are crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside and a perfectly satisfying snack.
Avocado Fries | Yields 4 Servings
2 large avocados – make sure they are firm and not too ripe
2 large eggs
¼ cup of ground flax meal
½ a cup of coconut or psyllium husk flour
Sprinkle kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
½ a cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
Sprinkle smoked paprika and chili powder to taste
1. First, preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Slice the avocados in half, remove the pits and carefully scoop the avocado from the flesh. If you don’t have an Avocado slicer tool, a tablespoon will work perfectly well. Slice the avocado into strips and set aside.
3. In one bowl, beat the eggs well. Sieve the coconut or psyllium husk flour, ground flax meal, salt and pepper into a separate bowl. Mix well.
4. Dip the avocado slices into the eggs and then place it into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Turn each slice and coat it well with the flour mixture.
5. Place the coated avocado slices onto a wire rack placed inside a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until the batter has browned.
While the fries are baking, place the Greek yogurt or sour cream into a dipping bowl and sprinkle the smoked paprika and chili powder on top. If the chili powder has too much of a bite for you, try substituting it with a dash of chipotle powder.
Once the fries are ready, serve them with the dipping sauce while hot.
Cheesy Baked Zucchini Fries
Zucchinis are an excellent choice on the ketogenic diet because they are very low in carbs. In addition, their mild taste lends them to a variety of dishes from zoodles to keto fries.
Zucchini Fries | Yields 4 Servings
2 large fresh zucchini
2 large eggs
1 cup of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of dried Italian seasoning
½ a cup of Greek yogurt
1 fresh lemon, juiced
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1 tbsp chervil or cilantro, finely chopped
Sprinkle sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- First, line two baking trays with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half, then cut the halves in half again, then slice them into quarters, this should make 16 slices per zucchini. If your zucchini has been in the fridge, blot them with a paper towel after slicing to remove any condensation.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs well.
- In a separate bowl, add the Parmigiano Reggiano and spices together. Mix until combined.
- Place a slice of zucchini into the egg wash first, then, using your other hand, place the zucchini into the Parmigiano Reggiano mixture. Make sure you coat both sides of the zucchini well. Place the zucchini slice onto the parchment paper. Repeat this step until all the slices have been coated with the egg wash and Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Make sure you flip the zucchini over to the other side every 10 to 15 minutes.
- While the fries are baking, add the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and chervil/cilantro into a dipping bow a mix well. Sprinkle the salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the fries are ready, serve them with the dipping sauce while hot.
Do you want to find an effective Keto treatment? Check out our top rated Keto products